Thursday, May 25, 2006

Brookside Gardens

Well, goodness, I guess I'm getting better at this photo reducing stuff. (Of course, by tomorow night, I'll have forgotten what it was exactly that I did.) This was a path through Brookside Gardens, around the little lake there. I hope to go back this weekend (three whole days, YAY!) and paint there again. The flower gardens are wonderful. A sun-dappled path, I had to do a lot of erasing to get my whites back, even though I had sprayed frisket over much of the leafy area first. The tree trunks are also done with Exacto and electric eraser. Full sheet of softer paper-Strathmore Gemini cold press. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Good Lord woman, these creek paintings are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! And you worry about using markers? And want to stick to blind contour? Forget it! Get those paints out and start painting!

I love these paintings!!!!!

seesue said...

Your sunlit series is STUPENDOUS!!! Are they framed and on the wall yet?

starrgirl's world said...

wow, these watercolors are fabulous! I agree with teri - you're worried about using markers? oy! Just go at it with whatever - you do great work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails